Monday, November 17, 2008

One Crazy Weekend

So the little man within has been giving me some trouble! He tried to make a break for it this weekend but luckily we were able to stop him. Friday afternoon I was having about 8-9 contractions in an hour so I called my physician and she said to go to the hospital. When I got there they put me on a monitor and gave me a shot of Brethin to stop the contractions. It worked perfectly and I was sent home with instructions to take it easy and drink lots of water. Well, of course it wouldn't go that easy! Saturday morning I woke up around 5:20 because my back was hurting and the contractions began again so I called my physician once more and again she said go back to the hospital but this time I'd probably have to stay for a day or two. When I got to the hospital they gave me two shots which made my heart race so badly I almost passed out from hyperventilating (which has never happened to me before so I was pretty freaked out). Then they gave me a two part shot of steroids to help Carter's lungs develop just in case they couldn't stop him from coming and some antibiotics to be sure this preterm labor wasn't stemming from an infection. They also ran a test called Fetal Febronectin which can predict whether or not you are at risk for delivering in the next two weeks and PRAISE GOD it came back negative. Although the hospital stay was uncomfortable and seemed to last an eternity, I was so fortunate to have really wonderful nurses and of course an awesome doctor. I feel so badly for all those poor mommies who have to stay in the hospital for weeks or even months on end. I would have come out of my skin if I'd had to stay one more night let alone weeks! Anyways, I've been feeling pretty well since I've been home even though the medication Dr. Stella has me on now makes my heart race a little and give me the tremors. Thankfully, she didn't feel I needed complete bed rest (and really how complete can your bed rest be with a two year old) but she did say to take it easy and again drink and drink and drink and when you feel like you've drank enough drink some more water! Although this weekend was a pretty crazy and a little nerve racking, I put my trust in the Lord that he would take care of me and Carter because as always his plan is complete and right! I think that knowledge was what held me together when I could have very well lost my mind! Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support! I can not put into words how much they mean to Bobby and I!

No comments: