Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!! It started on Sat. when Bobby watched the boys so I could go get a pedicure. It was fabulous and MUCH needed! Sunday morning he let me sleep in and when I woke up he had my favorite breakfast (a bacon and egg bagel sandwich combo from McDonald's, in case you were wondering) waiting for me! Parker brought me the card he picked out from him and Carter and told me Happy Mother's Day or something kind of like it. That afternoon while Parker was asleep I was feeding Carter and he fell asleep. Normally when he does this I will wake him up (and I almost did) because I don't want him to get in the habit of nursing himself to sleep but this afternoon I decided to just let him be. It was so nice just holding him and starring at his little sleeping face.


While my baby was slumbering, I decided to do a little web surfing and came across the Wallace Family. In case you don't have time to visit their site and read all about this precious family I'll give you the condensed version of their story. They're a family of 6 that was recently reduced by one, you see their 14 month old little girl was born with a rather serious heart condition and two weeks ago mother's day she went home to be with Jesus. The blog is being written by her father and he is very open about what their family has been going through during this extremely difficult time. By the time I finished reading all his posts I was bawling like a baby. I just kept looking at Carter and praising God for the health of my babies. I can't imagine the pain they must be in right now, especially so close to Mother's and Father's day so I just ask for prayers on behalf of them and their family.

After every one's nap Bobby and the boys took me to Shogun Japanese Steakhouse! I think I've posted about this restaurant before but I can't iterate enough just how AWESOME the food is. Needless to say they practically had to roll me out of there...oh so yummy!

This Mother's Day was extra special for me as this was the first with my completed family (barring God doesn't have other plans for us). Knowing this is the first of many Mother's Days I am able to spend with the two loves of my life is so heartwarming. They truly are the greatest gifts I have ever been given and I praise the Lord everyday that He chose me to care for and nurture them. God is GOOD!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love the pic of you & the boys.

The Ranew Family said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I am glad you are my friend and that you are such an encouragement to me and I am glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!!