Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a FABULOUS Easter! At first I was pretty bummed that we wouldn't be able to go to the Egg Hunt at Bellingrath and go to church on Sunday, but it ended up being a rather nice weekend. It was kind of nice not having the hussel and bussel that usually comes with a holiday weekend.

As I had talked about in my previous post I had several things planned for Parker and I think he really enjoyed all of them. We even watched a church service on tv from one of the local baptist churches. I absolutely didn't want to miss hearing about the great sacrifice my savior made for you and me! It was a wonderful sermon! He has RISEN INDEED!!!

Here are some pictures we took of the days activities!

These are the boys Easter baskets! I bought Parker's from Pottery barn for his first Easter so naturally this Easter I went back to Pottery barn for Carter's but to my dismay they had discontinued them! I was so sad but then I got the bright I idea to look on ebay and I found one. It was already monogrammed with his name and ever thing! Pretty cool, huh!?

Parker checking out what the Easter bunny brought him!

Look at my cute little bunny!!!

Carter's checking everything out with his new duck buddy the Easter bunny brought him!

I was so excited about dying eggs with Parker for the first time this year! It had been several, several years since I had dyed eggs...I forgot how much fun it is!!! I'm not sure who had more fun, Parker or me! Later I used the them to make some very yummy deviled eggs.


Later that afternoon Bobby hid some eggs in the backyard for a mini egg hunt for Parker. He LOVED it! After he'd fine one he'd say "where some more?" and then when he found the next one he'd say "dere it is!". I was impressed at how well he did at finding them. We only had to help him find a couple tough ones.


After dinner I made some sugar cookies and let Parker decorate one for him to eat. I was going to let him decorate them all but he was sticking his fingers in the icing and with the HFM Disease I didn't think it would be such a good idea to let him touch them all! The one he made looked pretty yummy!


All in all it was a GREAT day! We were able to praise our Lord for the AMAZING price he paid for our sins so that we may reign with him in heaven one day and we managed to have a little fun, too!

No comments: