Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Eggstravaganza

This morning our church put on their annual Easter Eggstravaganza so we decided to take the boys and check it out! They had several activities set up for the kids, a hay ride and even a pony ride. When we got there the first thing Parker noticed was the horses. I asked him if he wanted to ride and he said yes, which wasn't really so surprising. I figured when it got to be his turn he'd chicken out, so Bobby and I debated whether we wanted to stand in the extremely long line for nothing but to my surprise when his turn can he got on the pony and made it through the entire ride! As he was riding he kept telling the pony "giddy up horsey"! On the ride home he told us "I big boy ride da horsey". It was precious!


They also had a ball toss set up that Parker really enjoyed. Bobby tried to explain to him that he had to throw the ball in the bucket but instead Parker simply walked over to the bucket and dropped his ball in. He was pretty proud of his "throw"!



Claiming his prize for the ball toss!



This is what Carter did the entire time we were there...he had a great time!

They also had a Easter bunny that you could have a picture taken with but when I asked Parker if he wanted to sit in his lap he said no...oh well, maybe next year! All in all it was a good time on a beautiful morning! I just LOVE spring time!!! Next weekend we're planning on taking the boys to Bellingrath Gardens for the Easter Egg Hunt on the Great Lawn. I took Parker last year and it was so beautiful! I'm planning on dressing them in their Easter outfits and taking pictures so hopefully they'll cooperate ;) I'll post those pictures next weekend! Until then, get out there and enjoy this beautiful spring weather God has so richly blessed us with!

No comments: