Thursday, October 2, 2008

Seward Farms

The Monday after we got back from the beach the ladies in my playgroup and I took the kids out to a local Farm where they've made a corn maze and have several other fun things for kids to do. The entire corn maze was a mile long but thankfully we only went through half of it, which as long enough! We had quite a time navigating our way through the maze (to be quite honest we got lost several times)! The kids seemed to really enjoy it and I was pretty proud of Parker for walking through most of the maze.
Despite the face in this picture he really did have fun and please disregard his shorts...I'm not sure what's going on there!

After we finished the corn maze we went on a ride they call "The Cow Train". It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but basically the seats were made out of barrels with wheels attached and the whole thing was pulled by a tractor. I ended up having to ride it with Parker b/c I was worried he'd get mid-ride and then decide he didn't want to be in it anymore. First let me say this thing was definitely not made for pregnant people! It jarred you so much I thought it was going to shake Carter right out. Secondly it was entirely too long but all in all I think the kids liked it pretty well.


After the cow train we went on a hay ride and then walked down to where they had some farms animals out in the petting zoo area. This was by far Parker's favorite part! He loved feeding the animals! He was making me so nervous though because he kept sticking his fingers in the goats mouth as he was feeding it the pellet. I kept thinking any minute now he's going to pull his hand back and he's going to be missing a digit but thankfully the Lord was watching out for him and didn't allow that to happen.



When we got home I was showing him the pictures I took so now when I'm at the computer he will come over and ask to see the "trator" i.e. tractor and "taaw" i.e. cow! I can't wait to take him back next year!

No comments: