Sunday, July 11, 2010

18 Months, WHAT?!?!


How is it possible that my baby is already 18 months!?!? Its as if we went to sleep one night and when we woke up he was no longer that cuddlie little infant we brought home from the hospital. Although I'm pretty sad about not having those sweet infant smells around, I have to say this is one of my favorite ages. He's not quite in the throws of the terrible 2s yet but is really starting to figure things out and understanding more and more. He's still pretty sweet, too! He'll be playing on the floor and all of the sudden he'll climb up in the chair where I'm sitting just to give me a hug...my heart swells everytime!

He doesn't have a whole lot of words other than dada, nana (that's mean mama), eera (here), and ook (look) but he understands a ton! He knows we say the blessing before meals and will fold his little hands while Parker says grace then he'll call my name over and over again until I ask him to say amen, too. It sounds nothing like amen but its sweet that he wants to say it. He wants to do everything Parker does and for the most part Parker's pretty good about letting him play along with him. He's also picked up some of Parker's not so favorable behaviors lately. One of which involves a hitting motion followed by a "nah (no)". He thinks its pretty funny and I must admit I've had to bite my lip several times in order to keep from laughing! He's just so cute its hard not to let out a little giggle :) I do realize I'm going to have to get this under control because very soon its not going to be so funny or cute. He's also learned (with the help of Parker) most of his body parts such as: nose, ear, hair, mouth, tounge, arm, hand, leg, foot, chest and belly to name a few. Along with his body parts he can tell you what the elephant, dog, cat, sheep and dionsaur say...the elephant noise is my favorite! My baby's becoming such a big boy!

No comments: