Monday, July 26, 2010

I totally forgot to post this...

I started writing this post several weeks ago as a Week in Rewind post but never finished it. I almost erased it but thought it was far too funny not to share! Enjoy!
Carter's had a really rough time getting to sleep and then staying asleep this past week which means he'd usually end up in the bed with us, (seriously I have no idea how people sleep with their kids on a regular bases). Unfortuantely it wasn't just a night time problem either. He was having some trouble getting to sleep at nap time, too. Well, last wed. I put him down for a nap and he stood at the end of his crib and cried for about 5 mins. and then stopped but was still standing up. I watched him off and on for about 15 mins on our video monitor and noticed he had turned around with his back to the side of the crib just standing there. Then he decides to sit down and I thought to myself "finally, maybe now he'll lie down and go to sleep". Well, I start really looking at him because I noticed his head was down and he was breathing so deep it was making his head bob up and down and then it hit me...he was asleep SITTING UP!!! It totally cracked me up! I thought about sneaking in his room and lying him down but ever since we repainted his door and door frame it pops really loudly when you open it. So, as to not risk waking him up I just left him alone. He sat that way for at least 20mins and at one point I even saw him about to fall over but he caught himself and sat back up. Here's a picture of him on the monitor. Its somewhat hard to make out but he's sitting up in the upper left hand corner of the monitor screen.

Can you see him, haha?

No comments: