Saturday, August 15, 2009

Away too long!

I've been absent from our dear blog for far to long but we've had a very busy couple of weeks! Last week the boys went to stay with Bobby's parents for 5 days while Bobby and I stayed home (well I stayed home, Bobby had to work). I was a little apprehensive about being away from them for so long, but it was a wonderful and much needed break...thanks a ton Nana and Papa! While they were gone I was able to get some sewing done for the boys that I've been puting off for a while. I got several outfits done for them but not nearly as many as I would have liked. I also did a little shopping. Mobile has some great little boutiques and antique stores I've seen while driving here and there but I've never had the chance to go in. I didn't buy anything but it was REALLY nice just to be able to browse without worrying if a) someone is going to break something, b) someone needs to go potty or have a diaper changed, or c) have a complete meltdown and needs to be carried out of the store kicking and screaming. Bobby and I also were able to get in a game of golf one morning. I hadn't played in a REALLY long time and not that I was a pro before but my absence from the game we very apparent. We had a good time anyway! I can't wait for the days when it will be easier for us play more together.

We went to pick up the boys on the way to my Dad's where we stayed for the weekend. We had a great time visiting with them. Dad and Dixie live on a good bit of land and Parker had a blast exploring with Poppy and Grammy. We also went to the zoo and Parker LOVED seeing all the animals. Dixie's son and daughter came over one evening for dinner and the kiddos had a great time playing together! It made me wish even more that we lived closer!

There is a lot more I could say about our stay but no time. Also, we did take pictures of our visit just not with my camera so I'll try and get some and post them later.

No comments: