Monday, August 17, 2009

Back in School

I started the first day of Parker's mommy school today. We did this last year using this program and although it was really helpful, the combination of being pregnant and then having a newborn didn't help me to stick with it like I should have. Aside from all of this Parker still managed to learn a few things ;) I'm going to list them here so at the end of this school year I can see how far he's come and all he's mastered!

  • He knows all he's upper case letters by site and a few of the lower case
  • He also knows the sounds a few of the letters make
  • He can count to ten but doesn't know them by site yet
  • He knows all of his basic shapes
  • He knows all of his colors
  • He knows several songs such as: Patty Cake, The Wheels on the Bus, and God is so Good
  • Is saying his prayers at night and with a little prompting he can even think of a few things to pray about or thank God for on his own

This year I'm not planning on using any curriculum in particular. I've gone through the Hands on Homeschooling 2 year old guide and will focus on what he didn't get from last year as well as working on some things from the HOH 3 year old program. A friend told me about Tot School and I have found MANY ideas for projects and activities I want to do with Parker from this site. I'm also using many of the free printables from DLTK. I'm SOOOO excited about this year! I'll be posting some of the more exciting activities we do along with pictures!

No comments: