Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Week of Mommy School

Here are some of the activities and projects Parker and I did in our first week back at Mommy School! I think he likes Mommy School even better than he did last year!
First we made cloud dough. It is a little softer to mold with than regular play dough which makes it easier for preschoolers to manipulate. I would post the recipe but I got it out of the Hands on Homeschooling book and she has a copy right on all of her materials. I'm sure if you wanted to make this with your child you could google it and find a recipe fairly easily.


We also made a Cars Lapbook. I got all the printables and instructions to make this book from a blog called Tot School. Here is the link to this Lapbook! I think I had about as much fun making it as Parker did playing with it!

In our Bible Study we're discussing The Story of Creation so I thought it would be fun to do a craft that explains and shows all the things God has created. We made this creation mobile found at DLTK.

2 comments:

The Ranew Family said...

So fun and creative. We start back up this Monday. I still have sooooo much that needs to be done. Did you cut your file folder in half? That Car's book is adorable.

Marsha said...

Great fun! I am so excited to start up with Katie next Monday, but I have so much to get done to be ready. It looks like Parker is having a great time. I LOVE your creation mobile!! We did those lap books last year...they are lots of fun! :)