Saturday, June 13, 2009

Putt Putt Golf

We took Parker and Carter for their first game of putt putt this evening. Parker LOVED it !!! Carter would have too, you know if he could swing a club, walk or talk ;) We went to a small putt putt place near our house. It wasn't the nicest place I've ever been to but Parker didn't know any better so he thought it was great! They had a lot of big animals figures throughout the course and he was totally enthralled with them. I think he would have been just as happy to walk around and look at all of them as he was to actually play golf. He did pretty good hitting the ball, too! He'd start out hitting it from the tee but then if it took to long to get it to the hole he'd just pick up the ball, place it pretty close to the hole, then hit it in. All in all it was a good time! Here are a few pictures of our next Tiger Woods (they were taken with my phone so pardon the quality)!





FYI: If you're reading this post and live in the Mobile area and are thinking about taking your family to Funtasia please be advised the course is NOT stroller friendly. We ended up having to take Carter out of the stroller several times so we could pick it up and carry it up steps or over bridges that were too narrow to push it over. I think if we end up taking him with us next time I'll either wear him (which would have been way too hot) or just carry him in the car seat. Oh well, live and learn!
On a subject totally unrelated to putt putt golf, Parker used the potty 4 times today!!! I think we're finally ready to start potty training! I've been doing a little research and I think we've devised a plan for how we're going to go about this. If it works fairly well I'll post it but until then I'd love to hear how some of you did the whole potty training thing!

No comments: