Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weight Check and More...

Thursday we took Carter for his two week weight check and he's already up to 6lbs. 5.5oz. He was 5lbs 9oz when we left the hospital so I'm really happy with the weight he's gained back! Nursing is going really well so there's no telling how much he'll weight at his one month appointment.

On another note, as most of you know I've been trying to grow my hair out to donate to Locks of Love for the about a year and a half now and this past week I finally had the 10 inches I needed to have it cut. My hair is a little shorter than I thought it was going to be but its really starting to grow on me. I don't have very good before and after pictures but here are a couple:

Before

After

For me loosing my hair would be one of the hardest parts about having cancer so I hope this donation makes such a difficult time a little easier for one women or child.


I'm still trying to get use to it being so short, but I think I'm going to keep it like this for a while. I think Parker was a little taken back by the fact that all my hair was gone b/c when I came home he just stared at me and kept saying "mommy cut hair". I know both boys will probably really appreciate it being a bit shorter because now it won't fly in their faces as much ;)

4 comments:

Christy said...

How did I miss that you were doing that? I am so proud of you! What a wonderful gift! And you look hott to boot, so it was a win win situation!

The Ranew Family said...

Hannah, It looks so adorable. I am so glad you got to donate your hair to such a great cause. I think your new hair cut is precious. I bet it's easier, too.

The Vaccariellos said...

I love your new look!! You look great!

Marsha said...

That is such a GREAT haircut on you!!! I wish I had the patience to let mine grow long enough to donate. I never make it, though. Your haircut looks awesome! :D