Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Carter's Nursery Update and More


The bumper pads are done!!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy with the way the turned out! I was getting a little nervous that I wouldn't finish them before Carter arrives being that my doctor took me off all my medication starting today but some how I got them done. I have all the rest of the fabric cut out for the curtains and bed skirt and I will start them today but I'm not near as worried about getting them done as I was the bumper pad. Here are a couple more close up pictures of my work!



I've known for sometime now that today would be the first day without my medicine and you would think that would have encouraged me to get everything done before now but you'd be wrong! I don't know what my problem is but it seems like whenever I have something important to get ready for or do I ALWAYS wait until the last minute to get it together. Basically I'm the epitome of procrastination! Anyways, because I waited to the last minute to get everything together, yesterday I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get stuff packed for the hospital and picking up things I'll need when we bring Carter home. Something else I'd been putting off until last evening was doing my belly cast. I'd found the idea when I was pregnant with Parker and thought it was a cute way of preserving this special time in my life! Here are the pictures of the finished product!





I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to decorate it yet so any suggestions would be really appreciated. I thought about making it into the shape of a bug some how but Bobby didn't really like that I idea so I guess its back to the drawing board! Here is a picture of the belly cast I did for Parker. Bobby came up with idea of how to decorate it. I think its probably the best, and only, decorating idea he's ever had!

2 comments:

Christy said...

From one procrastinator to another, I think you did a GREAT job! :) I love the fabric, too!

Christy said...

I love the bedding & the belly cast!