Monday, May 19, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Well, I have to say I had a pretty great 2nd Mother's Day! For starters Bobby let me sleep in which for those of you who don't have children let me just say that could've been my only gift and I would've just fine with that! Bobby did a wonderful job at entertaining Parker until I woke up, I never heard a peep out of him! When I finally awoke from my deep slumber it was 9:30! Bobby said "Must be nice to sleep so late." I just smiled at him and said "Father's Day will be here before you know it!"

Parker and I were both sick so we didn't go to church but we still went out for lunch. I told Bobby I wanted Mexican and although he is not usually a big fan of the Mexican food, he sucked it up and we went to Sabor a Mexico (my fave by the way)! After lunch we went shopping for my second Mother's Day gift - a new STOVE!!!!

For those of you who were not familiar with the condition of my old stove lets just say the pilgrims probably had better equipment to cook on!

Now, as I said before that was my second Mother's Day gift! My first, and really official, Mother's Day gift is a monogramming machine!!!!


I've wanted one for sometime so when I came across it I just couldn't pass it up! It took a little convincing but in the end I was able to talk Bobby into getting it for me! He's such a sweetie! Anyways, for the rest of the day Bobby let me play with my machine and sew! All and all it was a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! Oh, and we can't forget the most important reason for me to even have such a wonderful day, my precious boy!!!

Nothing can describe how he makes me feel! He is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me and I thank God everyday for choosing me to be his mother! I feel completely blessed that He had enough confidence in me to entrust one of his pericous children into my care! I pray daily that God will lead me to shape and guide Parker into the person that He would have him be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I'm glad you had such a good day. You deserve it!