Thursday, August 18, 2011

May 2011 | Recap

May was jammed packed with all kinds of fun stuff!  We had the Annual Chevron Family Baybears Game this month.  The boys had a good time watching the game but it got pretty cool that evening so we left about half way through.



Parker had fun taking pictures with my camera at all the things we were seeing.  As I looked through them most were of the backs of random peoples heads but he did manage to get a pretty good picture of the players on the field.


 We also had Parker's last day of K-3 and Carter's last day of MDO in the 1 year old class this month.  I absolutely loved both of their teachers this year and was sad to say good bye to them but we were also very excited about a little break during the summer!


These were some of the little goodies I made for their teachers end of the year gifts.  The tutorial for the little apples came from here.


And the FREE printable note cards came from here.  P.S. that site has some other really cute printables as well!


We also enjoyed a little beach trip with Bobby's parents this month.  We had a great time playing on the beach and soaking up the sun!




While we were there we also went to the Gulf Shores Zoo.  We'd never been before so I was a little unsure of what to expect but it was pretty nice.  They had a lot of animals to look at and even feed and a small exhibit to pet kangaroos.  The boys LOVED this!  The zookeepers said to not make too many sudden movements and all I could think was Carter is one big sudden movement.  He really surprised me though and he was actually very gentle with them!  Although, I think one may have gotten a little aggravated with him because he kept trying to give it a hug but nobody got bit or malled so all was well :)




That same day we played a little put-put golf.  The boys really enjoyed it.  After we finished Bobby's mother and I thought a paddle boat ride would be fun...boy were we wrong.  Once we get out in the middle of the little pond we quickly realized paddling that boat was no joke!  Our thighs were killing us by the time we got out of that thing.  Next time I'll leave the paddle boating to Bobby :)




I did a few mini sessions while we were at the beach and they turned out so cute I thought I'd do a little mini session with the boys, too!  I got a few keepers but man, they are definitely my toughest subjects.  In their defense I really shouldn't have started the pictures right before we went to dinner :p 






Parker and I went crabbing the last evening we were there.  Carter pooped out right before we were about to leave so we left him at the house with Papa.  Now I have a rather unconventional method to catching crab.  I like to spot the crab with my flash light then I proceed to squeal as loud as possible while frantically smacking down my net over said crab.  As you can see my method works pretty well :) 


Our water fun didn't end with the beach.  When we got home Bobby blew up the slip-n-slide and the boys spent the afternoon running and jumping on it.  I love Parker's face in these pictures.  I got a ton of shots of him going down the slide over and over again and in every.single.one he is making this face, LOL!





I'll leave you with a Warning/Disclaimer:  Do not let your child pick out your dog a new toy without first inspecting it, otherwise you may get home and realize it was meant for little dogs.  That poor duck never stood a chance!

No comments: