Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound yesterday and everything looked perfect. We saw a healthy but extremely wiggly baby! At first Dr. Stella (my OB) tried to find the heart beat using only the doppler and was unsuccessful which made my heart jump into my throat but as soon as she put the ultrasound wand on my belly she found the baby right away! She said right now the baby is about the size of a lima bean. She has also gotten a new ultrasound machine since I've had Parker and it was really nice. We were able to see the babies heartbeat, legs, arms, head and even its spine. We weren't able to get any pictures b/c although Dr. Stella is a great OB she is not so technically inclined. I will definitely have pictures next time and maybe even a video I can post.

I go back in 4 weeks for a checkup and then in 8 weeks I will have another ultrasound to find out the sex!

No comments: