Monday, August 8, 2011

Recap | March 2011

Poor sad and neglected blog :(  I've been working so hard on getting things at my photography blog up and going that I let this blog get VERY behind!  Well, I hope to change that right now.  Since I'm behind on several months I thought the easiest thing would be to do month by month recaps.  A recap of the month = MANY pictures, so here we go :)

We left off with Mardi Gras, so I think that's as good a place as any to pick up.  We went to one parade and watched from the Hargrove building downtown.  I will ONLY watch the parades there from now on!  It was wonderful being up there, away from the crowd.  On top of that, in between the parades we went downstairs into the basement where Hargrove put out an amazing spread of food and even had a little area for kids to color and watch a movie! 




The boys LOVED it and my friend, Lindsay and I could even enjoy the parades without having to worry if our children would be run over by other parade goers or get hit in the face by beads (believe me that is no fun!).


When we got home Parker got very creative with what he could make using all the beads we caught and when he decided on a road I thought a city was definitely in order!  Can you see his little car noise face, LOVE IT!



March is a rather odd month weather wise in Mobile.  You can be dressed like this...


or bundled up like this one day, then the next....


be on the beach playing in the sand :)  I will admit we were a bit chilly that day but we had a blast playing in the sand and being out in the sun shine after being cooped up in the house all winter long!



Here are just a few other things we did or learned this month:


Paper airplanes are FUN and daddy can make some pretty good ones!


 Parker pretty much mastered writing/spelling his name all by himself!


He's also becoming quite the "photographer"!


My baby has learned to jump and get both his feet off the ground!


And that he's becoming less and less of a baby everyday :(

Camping in the backyard = a GOOD time!
Bobby and I use to camp some while we were dating so we thought we'd test the boys on their camping trip readiness by having a practice trip in the backyard.  We concluded that while they didn't do horribly we may not be quite ready for a full fledged trip yet.  We also decided that when we do camp out again well make sure its not on a night when the moon was the fullest/brightest its been in 100 or so years!  The boys had a blast though!  They played in the tent all afternoon and asked a billion times when we were going to sleep.  I don't think I've ever seen them so eager to go to bed :)  They fell asleep quickly but poor Carter had a hard time staying that way because every time he'd move his new spot would be really cold so he woke up quite a bit.  All in all though, it was a lot of fun!


We even had a little cook out with all the fixings...


and a picnic!


Then right before bed we roasted marsh mellows and made s'mores.  Carter was a mighty good at making sure daddy got the fire going correctly ;)


Despite a rather restless nights sleep for Bobby and I, we had a great time at our little camp out!

No comments: